JOB POSTING: EVENT CAPTAIN
NORTHERN ARTS AND CULTURAL CENTRE
The Event Captain is responsible for the smooth operation of events that are held at the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre. They make sure all volunteers are able to perform their tasks as ushers, door persons, box office attendants, bar/concession sales and other front of house duties.
Reports to: MANAGER OF COMMUNICATIONS AND FRONT OF HOUSE
Other Internal Contacts: Executive Director, Financial Manager, Technical Director, Janitorial Staff .
External Contacts: General Public, Community Users.
· Coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House,
· Ensure the safety of patrons and volunteers while being volunteer captain,
· Coordinate volunteers through and delegation of duties as necessary during performances,
· Prepare nightly cash-out and sales reports to the Front of House Manager
· Assists the use of the lobby for receptions including set up, decoration, food preparation and clean up,
· Maintain lost and found for the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre,
· Selling tickets at the Box Office,
· Selling tickets over the phone,
· Processing payment by credit card, cheque, cash and debit,
· Responds to phone, email and in person enquiries – providing general information and referring enquiries to appropriate sources,
· Collect, count and deposit money after each performance and arrange for adequate float
· Coordinate volunteers to run the bar/concession while being volunteers captain,
· Maintaining the cleanliness of the concession area
· Ensure adequate use of the ticket scanners.
· Ability to handle fast paced environment and work under pressure with many disruptions,
· Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively,
· Strong organizational skills,
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends
· Able to remain on feet for long periods of time,
· Computer skills,
· First Aid training and CPR
Job Application closing date: January 16
Minimum Education Level: Post-secondary Diploma or Certificate
Position Hours: 3-15 hours a month (evening and weekend shifts)
Position Term: 1 year contract
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Call with questions at 867-873-4950 and talk to Josh Long!