NACC is the largest and most modern performing arts center in the Northwest Territories with 297 seats. The atmosphere is warm, inviting and comfortable with vibrant new red seats in the theatre and a foyer decorated in northern art. Seating is intimate with the furthest seat only 35 feet from the stage.
Backstage we have two change rooms with a bathroom and showering facilities and a newly renovated and spacious loading dock with storage space.
Please note that rental of the venue is subject to availability. Please fill out our NACC Rental Form and a NACC representative will be in-touch with you to confirm the booking. For all rental inquiries or questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$200.00/day (Load in/Tech Setup)
For Community Performing Artists or Artist Groups
$200.00/day (load in/out or rehearsal)**
For Non-Commercial Groups (Associations, Congregations, Special Interests, etc.)
$200.00/day (load in/out)**
For Commercial Groups (Conferences, Corporations, Independent Producers, Businesses)
$500.00/day (load in/out)**
*This rate includes 8 hr technical support
**This rate includes 4 hr technical support
- If the dressing rooms, lobby, and/or stage areas need to be cleaned over and above regular use after the rental, the cost of $200/hr will be charged for cleaning services, including labour, supplies and administration.
- If the stage needs to be repainted after the rental to the original black, the cost of $200 will be charged for labour, supplies, administration, and paint.
- If the piano needs to be tuned for a renter, an additional $135 will be charged for labour and administration for each time the piano is tuned during the rental period.
- If there is a need for a table in the lobby to serve food, NACC will charge an extra fee of $100.00 for each table.
- If there is a need for catering service, the order has to be done through the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre. The Northern Arts and Cultural Centre will retain 10% of the admin fee.
For all bookings please call (867) 873-4950
Concession and Front of House
The Northern Arts and Cultural Centre will provide a Front of House Supervisor to oversee the volunteer staff working at each performance. The Front of House volunteer positions include: Box Office, Concession, Ticket Collectors, Program Distributors and Ushers. All rental groups are required to provide two to four individuals for Front of House duties, depending on the number of presentations, for each performance/presentation.
The Technical Director will discuss technical requirements with all user groups and recommend staffing levels to provide appropriate service and safety. All other staffing costs are the sole responsibility of the user group. The user group must communicate their technical requirements and provide a detailed production schedule for their event at least 2 weeks in advance of the event, in order to determine appropriate requirements.
The hours of operation for the theatre are 9:00 am to midnight. The maximum daily call for the NACC Technical Director is 10 hours for technical setup and 5 hours on performance dates. Special arrangements may be negotiated if technical setup occurs on the date of the performance.
NACC’s insurance policy covers all rental interests.
Box Office Services
All groups renting the theatre are required to use the NACC Box Office system. The NACC website hosts online Box Office services for all performances. The physical NACC Box Office is open Tuesday to Friday from11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from noon to 6:00 pm, and 30 minutes before show times. For further information please contact the NACC Box Office at 766-6101.