The mandate of the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre is…
to encourage the development of the performing arts from all cultural traditions, and to provide a venue in the Northwest Territories for both professionally produced and community produced performances.
The Objectives of the Society (Board Members and staff) include…
- to manage and operate facilities in the NWT for community and professionally produced performances, including any type of musical and theatrical performances;
- to hold leases, licenses, and contracts in connection with the operation of such facilities;
- to engage in other activities which may, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, further the development of cultural activities and facilities in the NWT.
The Artistic Vision of the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre is to…
- provide a safe, supportive venue for professional and amateur performing artists;
- support the development of dance, theatre, music, and storytelling through professional and amateur production;
- provide supporting performing arts workshops, mentorships, and intensive development sessions;
- support all cultural expressions presented through the performing arts;
- provide a bridge to information and resources in support of the performing arts and their development in remote communities in the NWT.